Gatlinburg Is Great for Walking
Its time to get moving! We are lucky to have nice residential streets without much traffic, lots of trees for shade, and gentle hills. See how you can walk 2 miles in Gatlnburg on this map.
Why Should You Walk Here?
- Say hi to people you see.
- Carry a bag to pick up cans and plastic
- Make money? ( I found $10 bill on my walk!)
- Look for code violations like non-running cars, parking on grass etc.
- Save money on club memberships
Its Good for Your Health!
- Manage your weight
- Control your blood pressure
- Lower stress
- Boost “good” cholesterol
- Lower your risk of stroke
- Reduce your risk of breast cancer and type 2 diabetes
- Avoid need for gallstone surgery
- Protect against hip fracture